VIP Info

Having a Park or Beach Wedding on The Gold Coast????

Daniel & Mariana_0665

Council Permits for Gold Coast Weddings..If you are planning on holding your wedding ceremony in a public area on the Gold Coast, either in a park, garden or beach, you must have an approved council permit to do so.
As soon as you have chosen your desired location, its a good idea to fill out a council application form as soon as possible. Popular parks and beach spots on the Gold Coast can be booked out well in advance, so first in best dressed!
Filling out a council application is very easy, and the council normally can give you a response to your application within 10 working days.
Some councils may have a small fee that you need to pay with your application form. You will need to check with your local council.
If your application is approved, there are several terms and conditions that you need to abide by. Its a good idea to know these rules, and stick to them. There can be fines if you dont.
Submitting the application to council for your Gold Coast wedding ceremony is even easier when you book with Forever Yours Weddings as we are happy to organise all the paperwork for you keeping your wedding day planning hassle free. Council application forms for the Gold Coast Weddings can be found at the website links below:

–       Gold Coast Beach Wedding Application:

–      Gold Coast Park Wedding Application:

But be sure to contact us & we will take the hassle out of your wedding planning!

Before you are “Married in Queensland” there are some legal requirements!

We will help you find the perfect authorised Celebrant for you..

As you will need to give notice of your intent to marry – 
This form needs to be completed and given to your Marriage Celebrant not less than 1 month and 1 day prior to your ceremony or can be completed up to 18 months in advance. Download this form here and read carefully before attempting to complete.

To comply with all of the legal requirements of the NOIM form, your celebrant must sight the following documents:

– Evidence of your identity to the marriage celebrant
 (evidence of the date and place of birth (birth certificate) of both partners (for people born outside Australia, a current passport is also required)

– Evidence of your eligibility to marry to the marriage celebrant
(evidence of any previous divorce or death of any previous spouse), if applicable (e.g. divorce papers, death certificate).

– Be of marriageable age
 (you can only marry if you are 18 years or older).

You will need also:

–       Two witnesses over the age of 18 must be present at the marriage ceremony.

–       If either partner can’t speak English, you will need to have an interpreter present at the ceremony. The interpreter must sign a statutory declaration to certify their faithful performance in the role. For interpreting services, contact the Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) – Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) – (

Forever Yours Wedding Marriage Celebrant, Jessica will help you every step of the way so do not worry we are help to ensure your planning process & day is simply bliss..

Feel at ease, contact me today..

Leave a Reply